A very simple ‘Random Access Memories’ explainer
I’m sure other people on the Internet have thought of this, but here’s the narrative I see in ‘Random Access Memories.’:
1. Give Life Back to Music: Robots arrive. Thesis statement.
2. The Game of Love: In the first part of the robots’ story, someone gets their heart broken.
3. Giorgio by Moroder: They learn the value of music.
4. Within: They realize they have to move on.
5. Instant Crush: They have an instant crush.
6. Lose Yourself to Dance: They dance with the crush.
7. Touch: They touch the crush.
8. Get Lucky: They get lucky with the crush.
9. Beyond: The night with the crush is ending.
10. Motherboard: They leave the crush.
11. Fragments of Time: They remember the crush fondly.
12. Doin’ it Right: They repeat the process.
13. Contact: Robots leave.